<<

Reigo80

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:25 pm

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gamepro

This review is from Gamepro so I thought i'd post it.

"War truly is hell. Anyone who has experienced military conflict firsthand can tell you that. Thankfully, most of us have never had to crawl in the muck of a battlefield or exchange gunfire with an enemy; it is an experience that few of us could handle, both physically and psychologically.

There are countless numbers of books, movies and video games that allow us to experience the horrors of war from the safety of our living rooms. Done right, these fictional depictions not only showcase everything that is good about war--the camaraderie that exists between soldiers and their selfless heroism, for example--but they also serve as a powerful reminder of just how damaging and terrible war can be.
Call of Duty 4 At A Glance

No developer has had more success in recreating the tension and terror of a battlefield than Infinity Ward. Its founding members helped define the World War II genre with the groundbreaking Medal of Honor: Allied Assault while the first title developed under the Infinity Ward label, Call of Duty, cemented their reputation as one of the most skilled and talented development houses around.

After three titles set in the war torn battlefields of the past, Infinity Ward is taking a decidedly modern approach with Call of Duty 4, a title that Assistant Editor Travis Moses is declaring as the best shooter of 2007. Yes, according to Travis, Call of Duty 4 is better than Bioshock, Half-Life 2 Episode 2 and even Halo 3.

So what is it about Call of Duty 4 that makes it stand out from the rest of the pack? For starters, the intense single-player campaign offers up an action packed experience that features a tremendously compelling narrative; there are moments in the game that will send chills down your spine.

Then you add in the the amazingly deep multiplayer that rivals Halo 3's in terms of reach and scope. Suffice it to say, if you are an online shooter junkie, Christmas has come early for you this year.

PROS:

* Graphics are outstanding. Visually one of the best Xbox 360 games around.
* Single-player campaign is deep and satisfying. Concerns about the mode's length are assuaged by its overall quality.
* Multiplayer component offers a wealth of features. It should prove to be outstanding once the servers become fully populated.
* The move to a modernized setting makes the franchise relevant again.

CONS:

* We couldn't find anything. Seriously, we tried to find something wrong with this game but we couldn't."
<<

G4m3R

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:45 am

lol a game without Cons? that game must be good
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:17 pm

Good one....But maybe next time tell us what u like and dont like about it. Im getting Call of Duty before anyway.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:43 pm

I played it for 30min, multiplayer with my friend. I don't really like the fact that we were on a closed in map with just sniper rifles getting one hit kills in the leg XD. Nothing stood out to me in multiplayer, maybe when I played story I will like it, but multiplayer didn't stand out at all to me. The physics just seemed off, yah know.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Ah yea i heard about that one hit kill thing, that really sucks =/. I haven't played this one but I heard it was awesome, I have "The Big Red One" for PS2 with online play, it was o/k. If I ever buy a 360, I'd definitely get this game.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:04 pm

I think the COD series is great, it just seems like the multiplayer has always been sub par. But none the less, I guess the story mode makes up for it.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:14 am

Yeah the story mode in this one is pretty good, i'd definately recommend this game for purchase. Haven't played online yet cause i wanna beat story mode first. This is one of my favourite games for the 360 so far tho.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:14 pm

Well I bought this game and I love the online play. I started story mode, but I haven't been able to finish it since I started playing online. It is a definite buy.

Return to Xbox 360