<<

G4m3R

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:22 am

Homebrew Emulator "Mame360"

i dont know if you now about this already but someone is trying to make a MAME emulator for the Xbox360...

think this is cool?
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:34 am

M.A.M.E. has been around for roughly 10 years and has been ported to just about everything with enough computing power and ram. With that said, it I am confident it will eventually come to 360 once the homebrew scene on that console gets larger. The issue I have is that a lot of the ROM images are version specific and it is difficult to match the ROM with your version of M.A.M.E.

One thing I fear about M.A.M.E. is that with Xbox live Arcade and the Nintendo and $ony equivalent being available that there will be a crackdown on publishing M.A.M.E. and downloading ROMs because these companies have the rights to distribute the game images for their specific consoles.

Arcade ROMs are one of the few things that everyone wants but no one I know wants to pay for.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:45 am

que13x wrote:One thing I fear about M.A.M.E. is that with Xbox live Arcade and the Nintendo and $ony equivalent being available that there will be a crackdown on publishing M.A.M.E. and downloading ROMs because these companies have the rights to distribute the game images for their specific consoles.

That's exactly my fear. I think it's a great idea to start porting/ creating homebrew programs for the 360, but because of licensing issues, I think that there will be more issues than normal. However it goes, legally, it would be fairly easy for Microsoft/ others to put a significant damper on things.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

G4m3R

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 am

i never thought of that...

Return to Xbox 360