<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:49 pm

RIAA

Yea everyone should know by now that "they" are the real reason why peer to peer networking is black listed. I want to bring up an old topic and get some opinions.

1. The cassette and for that matter the 8 track never brought the music industry to its knees. It was a lot easier to get a free album when your radio station would play the whole thing and all you had to do was press record. In those days Michael Jackson still managed to make millions telling everyone to "Beat It"!

2. Dual decker tape decks had no purpose but to make copies and there was no ban against those devices as far as I know.

3 Public libraries have always been a source of "free" music how come they have never been targeted by the music industry.

4. The corporations control what we listen to. as few as 3 major corporations own ALL of the radio stations in America (except for college stations which are some of the best if you can pick them up). That is why music sounds the same everywhere you go because you are basically listening to the same network. Modern American music sucks so bad these days in ALL genres that MTV1 & 2 don't even play videos anymore. VH1 is quickly headed in that direction but their stuff is so old... nuff said on VH1.

Maybe the reason music does not sell is because at least in America it seems that getting on the radio has more to do about luck than about talent. I remember a day when if you produced a song you could take it to a radio station and if the Disk Jockey liked it he would play it for you. The corporations now own every second of the airwaves cramming songs like "umbrella ella" in your ears that they could be missing out on a great opportunity to sign the next big artist.

(off the soap box)
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:10 pm

I totally agree with a lot that was said. We pretty much leave the same station on in my moms car all the time (at least when I'm driving) because all the others that play the same genre are the exact same. I was flipping through the channels a couple days ago and I realized the station I like a lot was playing a song I didn't really like that was getting way to overplayed. So I flip to another station that plays the same genre, and it had a different song but it was about to end. So I stayed on that channel and low and behold the same exact song started playing as the other station. Personally I think peer to peer networking is perfectly fine. I have heard the FBI/CIA doesn't pay much attention to you unless someone downloads more then 1,000 songs, and stuff like that. I mean its virtual data and there restricting what we can download? I understand copyrights and all that stuff but I mean you can't really set laws for the internet. What would happen if someone from Malaysia uploaded a song and I downloaded it, would it be illegal? It's just so worldwide I don't see how they could possibly set limits. I could understand it to a certain degree, but like you mentioned they ONLY seem to ban peer to peer. Yet they didn't do anything about cassettes or anything. If they ban one thing I think they should ban it all. But life aint fair.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

TK421

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:26 pm

tru dat

wtf......

soulja boy up in this ho, watch me crank it watch me roll, watch me crank dat soulja boy, then superman that ho
^^^WHAT IS THAT?

people can make millions of dollars baecuase they mention sex positions in music?

is that music? art? did that take any skill to think of, or just a couple homies with their dude just talking.....it disgusts me
XBOX 360 Gamertag: KMC YOUNGBOY
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:08 pm

TK421 wrote:tru dat

wtf......

soulja boy up in this ho, watch me crank it watch me roll, watch me crank dat soulja boy, then superman that ho
^^^WHAT IS THAT?

people can make millions of dollars baecuase they mention sex positions in music?

is that music? art? did that take any skill to think of, or just a couple homies with their dude just talking.....it disgusts me

Dang me too! That is just a bunch of sh**. That is not music that is just.. yea i feel the same way. I hate MTV and VH1, people listen to sh** music now. Its so gay.. it saddens me of how people listen to rap, shootin cops, raping women, havin sex with women, gettin high and all that. Fu**in gay. Some songs are o/k and not all that bad but i don't listen to now-a-days music at all.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:54 pm

Yall will prbably laugh but i listin to Country......We dont have all that bad stuff really here. Well not as much as rap and stuff like that.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 pm

TK421 wrote:
people can make millions of dollars becuase they mention sex positions in music?

Is this a reference to the Umbrella song? Umbrella is a sexual position?

AdventWolf wrote:it saddens me of how people listen to rap, shootin cops, raping women, havin sex with women, gettin high and all that. Fu**in gay. Some songs are o/k and not all that bad but i don't listen to now-a-days music at all.

Rap like country and like a lot of music is about what people feel inside and what they see around them. Nowdays there aren't many rappers that come from good lives to start with. If you notice the more an artist suffers the more emotional the music/art becomes. Very few artists seem to be able to hang on to fame once their lives improve. Why do you think there are so many one hit wonders? Anyhow, I agree some things just do not need to be said or broadcast but in the end it is the truth at least through the artists eyes, and if you do not like it you always have the option of changing the station on your own.

Lets get back on track...

This thread is about freedom and about having freedom online. This is not just about the RIAA or even the MPAA I am afraid that we are soon approaching the point where posting a tutorial about how to take a console apart will be enough to get a site shut down. I fear that it is only a matter of time before the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) gets involved and blames the homebrew scene or the Linux hackers for the "apparent" lack of profits in the videogame industry which by the way is a multi BILLION dollar industry. I read an article about Nintendo being ready to throw in the towel and not release any future consoles if it can not boost its profit margin. Can you believe that? I think that if Nintendo would market or target their games more towards adults that have their own incomes instead of children that can not afford $50.00 or more for a game that they might do a little better. Anyhow back on topic...

I once had my computer hacked. I luckily pulled the plug in time but when I told some of my less computer savvy friends about it they suggested that I call the cops. Though I wanted to know who had tried to hack my system I did not think that it was any of the cops business. I also did not think that they would do much about it anyway. The bottom line is that I agree with Ace, the internet is a wild frontier and should stay that way. Everyone should be responsible for their own business and actions online. The internet is about sharing ideas and information but once we have to watch what we do and say online that stifles both. Not to mention that it all seems to come down to money. I bet you if money was not the root of this issue we would not be having this discussion now.
<<

TK421

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:15 pm

que13x wrote:
Is this a reference to the Umbrella song? Umbrella is a sexual position?

nah, a reference to "supermanning" that ho. Try urban dictoionary ;)
XBOX 360 Gamertag: KMC YOUNGBOY
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:27 pm

Nice. I got a good laugh.
<<

Reigo80

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:04 am

bkfraiders7 wrote:Yall will prbably laugh but i listin to Country......We dont have all that bad stuff really here. Well not as much as rap and stuff like that.

I listen to Melodic Black Metal =D
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:23 am

Spiderman that hoe :D Good times, good times. 8)
P.S. Just remember to yell GO WEB GO!

I agree with everything tho, it was real easy to bootleg back in the day. Anyways, in the end they cant do anything about it because they have no proof that both sides of the party dont own a copy of the album that contains that specific song. In which case if they did both own it, then it would be perfectly legal.

Eh TK im adding you to my xbox list.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:27 pm

This is very true I have seen a 3000+ personal CD library. All disks were originals. My friend was a DJ and he would rip CDs that he owned and do his thing with a laptop. He has no tolerance for people that go online and illegaly download say... the new Brittany Spears album just because it . I agree out of principle that if there is a new album out that you like you should go to the record store and buy it. With that said there are very few albums out that have more than one or two songs that are good and in my opinion that is why the music industry is hurting. I think all this has been said already.

Greed easily tramples personal freedoms whenever there is money to be made.

Return to Xbox 360