<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:46 pm

My internet connection.

Ok im on telecom broadband (which sucks) and i have the main modem and router in my room. When i access xbox live while downloading sumthing on my actual pc i cant actually access xbox live and its really annoying because it does the same thing if my sister or my parents are downloading on their computers because they use the same connection as me. I dont know why this is happening and its really annoying because it never use to do that. Does anyone know how to stop this problem?
XBL: Darksleem
PSN: Teh_Sleem
Feel free to add me on either.

<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:57 pm

try changing the channel for your router to xbox access...(802.11a/b/g i think they are) dont know specifics but i know some routers are capable of puting diff devices on diff channels so that they dont really interfere with each other. Like i said tho i dont know the specifics but a quick google search should find you the info on it, either that or wait for some of the more computer saavy members to reply.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:02 pm

How fast is your connection? Cause if you have a slow connection it will probably kick your Xbox off before a computer if it needs the extra download space.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:07 pm

well my average download speed is 600kbps i dnt rly know the specifics but it dnt seem to affect xbox live if its going below 100kbps and my xbox is connected thru the ethernet cable to my router/modem i only use wireless for my ps3 and the other computers in the house.

<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:22 pm

I guess you could try Unpluggin the power cord to your modem & router so it "powercycles" and reasigns you a new IP address. That might help. Or forward the ports on your router for the xbox.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Thats what I usually do, when it is slow I unplug the modem and router and leave them out for a min or two. Then plug in the modem and let it get set up and about a minute later, I plug in the router and my connection is all new :D.
<<

Darksleem

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Hmm would that work with a static ip address tho?

<<

Collin922

Young Brewer

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:04 pm

trying switchijng to a diffrent channel tha your parents because there oculd be alot of mixing up because my friend brings his 360 over alot, and my connection suck as when he does because it has two connections n the same router, and if you have labtops that coul affect it, try purchasing another router, switching channels, or buying a seprate medom or router, i may be wrong on some of these things but im tryin to help. :)

The Dark Carnival[TDC] Gamebattles : Almost MLG

Return to Xbox 360