<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:29 pm

Considering

im a big fan of PS3. i like the free internet and stuff but i like forza alot. so im getting an xbox thats been RRoD'ed for around $20. i can fix it and im wonder what you all think. hack it or no. i hate paying for stuff and internet play is avail via PS3...

i dunno i find live retarded and im not easily swayed by people.

HERES YOUR CHANCE TO RANT AT THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL RANTER OF BREW

IMPRESS ME
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Live is amazing,

Hack if you want, i really don't care to be honest, it's just preference.

I like to play with ma buds.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:36 pm

OOOOH nice fail. sorry i dont like PAYING so live sounds dumb. once i hack, no live. PS IM STILL NOT SWAYED
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:45 pm

You don't have to pay for live. Unfortunately I don't think I should post how to get it for free else Micro$oft will patch the vulnerability, sorry. Give it some thought and maybe you can figure it out on your own ;-)

As for modding your box that is up to you. To do it well requires a lot of research and studying on your own. Just keep that in mind.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:38 am

Wait by modding do you mean flashing the dvd drive or just hardware mods? I've always liked xboxs because of the ability to mod it both cosmetically and through software, a million times better then ps3's. Wheres the fun at when all you gotta do to replace the HD is drop in a new one?

But if you decided to flash the dvd drive you best be aware that there is usually a ban wave every year before Christmas, I wasn't banned this time but it could always happen. It's really easy though, the only challenging thing I would consider in flashing dvd drives is when you have a liteon, but that's just time consuming. And you get to play burnt games.

But yea, I could care less about swaying someone's opinion by saying a lot of BS about why one console is better then the other, that's just my personal experience. That and I like live way better then psn, and you do get what you pay for.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:56 pm

You already have your mind set up, no one will change it. If you are that serious about not paying then don't pay.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:31 pm

HEY!!!! i found one for cheep and im hooked up for live i just want to know ONE THING. how do i set up a hard drive without an official one? like for game saves
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:55 am

You have to buy a Western Digital 2.5" HD and flash it with a HDDSS.bin for whatever size of HD you have. Either that or I'm not sure if flash drives still work after the recent update.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:56 pm

airplanes18 wrote:OOOOH nice fail. sorry i dont like PAYING so live sounds dumb. once i hack, no live. PS IM STILL NOT SWAYED

Wrong you can have for free games etr, not 100% certain to get banned, one of the guys who hacks wii's alot in my #GamingExposed chat has hacked his Xbox360 to have a internal hardrive, free games, the way he doesn't get banned he says plays say games that are prelise without live on, he plays old games etr etr basicly nothing that Xbox gives a reason to check.
i also thought u got banned instantly for hacking your xbox aparantly you don't but they do check for stuff like this, his words "its down to luck"
Being redone
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 pm

You only get banned instantly on the first xbox. Now they just do ban waves, pretty much 50/50 every november that you might get banned. But a years worth of games for an xbox per year, or $60 per game the whole year? Yea, of course you should buy games that you play often like cod but theres really no reason to buy a game you might not like and waste $60 that some of us don't have to begin with.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:11 pm

ace_012 wrote:You only get banned instantly on the first xbox. Now they just do ban waves, pretty much 50/50 every november that you might get banned. But a years worth of games for an xbox per year, or $60 per game the whole year? Yea, of course you should buy games that you play often like cod but theres really no reason to buy a game you might not like and waste $60 that some of us don't have to begin with.

Exactly.
and the Demo versions of the games are rubbish too...
Games like Cod i would buy, SSBB i would buy, the wii game of cod on wii sorry but without nazi zombies i aint paying £1.
Being redone

Return to Xbox 360