<<

MikeyBoy44

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:58 pm

"Flashing"

I am looking to what I understand is flashing my xbox 360. It's warranty is way over and I have since moved to PS3 and left my 360 as just a rockband content system since switching rockband to ps3 would lose me quite alot of money spent on downloads. I do not intend on playing live this is just so i can play single player games I would never try if it cost me money.

I have a BenQ dvd drive and my pc chipsets are either VIA serial ATA Raid Controller or ABNVSGRG IDE Controller.These were the important infos I found of a couple sites so if you need more info please feel free to ask.

The main request is for a link or for someone to simply say yes you have the required parts to start flashing. Thanks in advance.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: "Flashing"

Ahhh I looovveee the BENQ dude, you definitely got the best drive there is to flash ;)

Basically, if you do have SATA connections on your computer and you have a couple torx bits for a screw driver and a sata cord you can flash your BENQ. Here is a list:
-Torx bits (can't remember the exact sizes, I made a tutorial a while back that had them in it)
-SATA controller in your computer
-SATA cord

That's all you need for a BENQ and then to actually burn games you need a Dual Layer DVD burner and Dual Layer DVD's (preferably verbatim 2.4x).
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:25 am

and you have to use the xbox motherboard as power to power the drive, cuz the sata wont do it...

and i believe the sizes were 8-10. i had to tear mine apart and thats what i used, so yeah.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:30 am

Well you can either use the xbox to power it or one of the various flashing tools from team xecuter or maximus, etc. You hook up one of the molex connectors in your computer to it to power the dvd drive, and they are definitely worth the like $30 they cost. But this thread is like 2 weeks old...
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 am

oh crap my bad! i just hit new posts and there it was XD
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.

Return to Xbox 360