<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sat May 14, 2011 4:43 pm

PSN IS BACK, BABY!

The Playstation Network is finally up in most regions of the world but it is not a full restorations. While you are still capable of playing the PlayStation Home, playing online PS3 and PSP games, Vudu, MLB, friend lists, trophy comparison, chat features, Netflix, Qriocity, but you must change your password right away on the PS3 you activated your account on, or through e-mail validation.
Kazuo Hirai states that they have upgraded their network encryption, firewalls, early warning detection systems, and generally strong security.
Of course, if you still paranoid that your identity is stolen... you can enroll in some of their free identity monitoring programs where the services are available.
Now... What do you get for your troubles?!?!
Well, you don't know yet! Details will be coming out in the next few days in all regions.
I'm glad to see they are more worried about getting the PSN up than trying to win back customers.

Full video: http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog ... 813/28.032
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 16 times

Thanks received: 7 times

Post Sat May 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: PSN IS BACK, BABY!

the problem with this is EVERYTIME i try to log in to change my pw or i say forgot passwoprd it STILL says undergoing maiitanence so i guess i'm SOL cause i don't remember how to change my pass on my ps3 nor my email without loggin in

EDIT:nvm my state wasnt back on the grid so to speak until about 3 am my time but now it's back and i can't wait to get my game on woot
<<

Cypherous

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 24 times

Post Sun May 15, 2011 4:02 am

I'm more amazed at how easily people are accepting the tiny welcome back pack as enough to apologise for such a massive cockup by sony, such a shame really, in this situation they gamers would have had enough pressure to actually get sony to make changes we wanted for a change but back to business as usual for the sony fanboys who will just accept the 4 rubbish free games they are going to be offered and forget that sony gave hackers all their personal info, glad mines hacked ^_^
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun May 15, 2011 9:43 am

meh the welcome back pack aint why i'm happy to have it back up i'm still pissed at sony for this i'm just happy to be able to play games online again the PSN has a more mature gaming base than XBL imo so i will stick with Sony and sides the ps3 is a much better console than the 360
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon May 16, 2011 11:11 pm

They haven't stated exactly what they're giving out for their care packages... They stated, though, they are giving out many games... From what I've seen, no credit card info has been stolen... I don't see the problem. :)
<<

Cypherous

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue May 17, 2011 6:01 am

crait wrote:They haven't stated exactly what they're giving out for their care packages... They stated, though, they are giving out many games... From what I've seen, no credit card info has been stolen... I don't see the problem. :)

You actually trust sony when they say it wasn't taken? :P

And yes the details of the pack are now up and its a poor selection of old games that most of PS3 users probably already own if its their kind of game.

Very poor showing sony.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue May 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Actually, if someone were to have their info stolen, wouldn't we know by now? There have been lawsuits filed, but never any evidence linking the people to Sony; Just people blaming Sony for something they did outside of the PSN.
And yeah, actually, Sony has teamed up with many anti-fraud corporations to ensure that ever member of the PSN has free identity protection. That must have costed them a bazillion dollars.
<<

Cypherous

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue May 17, 2011 5:44 pm

crait wrote:Actually, if someone were to have their info stolen, wouldn't we know by now? There have been lawsuits filed, but never any evidence linking the people to Sony; Just people blaming Sony for something they did outside of the PSN.
And yeah, actually, Sony has teamed up with many anti-fraud corporations to ensure that ever member of the PSN has free identity protection. That must have costed them a bazillion dollars.

We wouldn't know given how many accounts we're compromised and how many people had CC details, given nigerian money scams work do you really think everyone would notice? :)

The free identity theft is again only any good assuming you actually sign up for it which again most people won't :)
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed May 18, 2011 4:41 am

if someone wants to streal my indentity more power too em they won't get anything (bad roommates and bad choices when i was younger lead my credit to be screwed 100 ways from sunday)
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed May 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Cypherous, I don't quite understand what you're saying... O_o
<<

Cypherous

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed May 18, 2011 5:39 pm

crait wrote:Cypherous, I don't quite understand what you're saying... O_o

I'm saying the internet is full of idiots and there will be a large chunk of 77 million people who wouldn't notice that they we're being screwed or people who didn't change their card details, its a sad fact of having a lot of people in one place, there will be a lot of idiots and they are the ones who won't get the identity protection or cancel cards or might not even have noticed PSN was down, not to mention banned accounts etc :)
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Wed May 18, 2011 8:08 pm

You're totally right: There are people who are not paying attention.
But, aren't there people out there who are paying even more attention to their credit card information? I definitely believe more people are watching their credit cards now for identity theft than ever because of this. If anything happens, it won't happen to one or two people. Many, many people will be afflicted.

Return to PlayStation 3